(Are you singing that 80’s song now????  Oh good!!!)

Well, I’m in the final countdown of my class.  My class ends on Sunday.  These classes go so fast!!  They are 5 1/2 week classes.  Think about everything you learned in a 20 week semester…..yeah, that’s all crammed into 5 1/2 weeks.  It makes it a little crazy!  So I’m super happy to be finishing it up.

It’s also the final countdown to Jeff going to Chicago.  Every year, he goes home to see his family for 2 weeks in July and 2 weeks in December.  It makes it pretty sad for me to be without him during the holidays.  I realized the other day that even though we’ve been together for almost 4 years, we’ve never spent Christmas or New Year’s together.  Sad!!!  😦  I’m hopeful that next year, I’ll be in a better position with work to be able to take the time off and go with him.  The bad thing is that in this field, December thru April seem to be the busiest time of the year.  The last couple weeks have just been crazy at work.

On top of that, my grandma was hospitilized again.  Last November she was hospitalized for a pulminary embolism.  That basically means that she had a blood clot in her lungs and it was making her woozy and she would have these periods where she didn’t know what was going on or where she was.  Pretty scary, especially considering that she is still out and about driving herself around.  My greatest fear was that she would be out driving somewhere and wouldn’t know where she was, or be able to call someone and tell them where she was.  She also had low stamina for walking around and would try to get into the wrong car when she was leaving the mall.  Crazy!

So she went to the doctor last week complaining of migranes.  She gets migranes regularly, but these were similar to the ones she was experiencing last year.  Her doctor sent her to the ER.  They admited her into the hospital, which is where she has been for more than a week.  They ruled out the pulminary embolism this time, but they do think she has bronchitis and possibly had a stroke while in the hospital.  Her right arm was numb and she was having a hard time with co-ordination.  It made things very stressful for me for the last week.  I wasn’t really sure what was going to happen with her.

Thankfully, she was released from the hospital today.  She probably won’t be able to be on her own for a while, so thankfully my mom will be helping to take care of her.

So needless to say, things have been a little crazy with me lately.  I hope that things start to settle down soon.  Hopefully your holidays are a little less hectic than mine are shaping up to be!